Thursday, December 13, 2012

F is for Failure and Faith

In the past I have had many attempts at sobriety and also many failures. It has come to the point where no one believes I can or will become and remain sober.  I can not blame them for their doubt in me, after all it is my track record. I have let them down and hurt them way too many times.  However I have Faith this time! Faith in the program I am in, faith in myself, faith in the support I get from everywhere and anywhere.  My past failures do not make up my future. I have read that failure isn't in the fall, but in not getting back up after the fall.  Well, I have had my share of slips and spills, but I am taking control over my life, and I am getting it back! No more excuses, no more lies, it's my time to get free from this addiction that I let run a muck too long. I feel good about my progress, but I am not over inflating my successes.  I know I still have a long way to go, but failure is not an option!  Failure is the past, I have Faith that with the help of the Universe and all the people and guides, along with AA and other support, I can live a full, wonderful sober life.
It's true, in the past I have failed, but I am not a failure, I am a work in progress. And as my mother told me, I can do anything I set my mind to!

No comments: