Monday, December 3, 2012

B is For......

WOW! Did I ever struggle with B!  Not that there werent enough B words to come up with, Believe, Benifits, Begining, even Broken.... but none seemed to really SPEAK to me.... I guess I still had work to do on A before I could move onto B.
So B is for BEST FRIEND! 
Best friends do what is always right for you, even if its not what you want to hear.  Best friends are there to help pick you up if you fall, but will not help in what made you fall to begin with.
I am fortunate to have a couple of people who are close enough to me to be my BEST friend. (I know most people only get 1 Best Friend, but the Universe saw my need and blessed me with 2)
I have Best Friends that cares about me sometimes more then I do.  Best Friends who tell me what I need to hear not what I want to hear.  Best Friends that will not tolerate my abuse of alcohol. Best Friends that will not ENABLE me.  Now that is a BEST friend! 
I had to reach up from below the bottom... but when I got there, my best friend was waiting, to help me... not to help me do it again, but to truly help me become healthy again. My best friend keeps me positive, and helps me keep things in perspective.  I dont have to solve everything at once, I just have to take baby steps to get to my goal.  Each day I feel (with the strength I get from my best friend) that my stride is getting just a little bit bigger. I feel confident that with the help of others (many others) I can reach my goal, achieve a healthy sober life, and be happy again!
I am grateful for my Best Friends!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love ya Pal, you go girl!