Tuesday, December 4, 2012

C is for Comfort

Yes, comfort, it could have been confidence, but without comfort I dont think I could have confidence!  My comfort has a name.... its call Antabuse.  Antabuse is a drug that causes a violent reaction should you consume any type of alcohol. In that I find comfort and with comfort comes confidence.  I have not even thought about a drink since I started taking this pill each morning, and I find myself reminding myself not to "forget" to take it.... as I am notorious for forgetting medication.  I HAVE to take this for now to help me succeed, but I have the confidence now that I WILL SUCCEED.... finally!
Between the support I get at home, in my group and with the "babysitter" Antabuse I know I can recover!  I have been sober, and know I am in recovery now... the big old gorilla that has been on my back is starting to look more like a chimp.... and I look forward to the day when it becomes a little pigmy spider monkey.... It will happen. One day I will be back to me, not even thinking about having a drink!  So comfort leads to confidence!
What is Antibuse?


No comments: