Monday, January 7, 2008

School Daze, School Daze!


I started school today! And there I found my joy.... it was very unexpected (for me). The first assignment was to write and post an autobiography. So looked them all over, and what a diverse group I will be attending with! And there was my joy! A young man, who has had many tough times in his life. Yet this young man of 19 seemed to be working hard to a good future, and although he had some tough times in the inner city, he always seemed to keep thing positive and focus on his future. He made me smile. Just reading it I felt proud of him. I guess I had wished I had started looking for my joy when I was a kid. Of all the people I could have spoke to today, this young man was the one that brought me joy, touched my heart and made me smile. Cant really explain why I feel so moved by him.... He might never become famous, or a super star, but somehow I know there is a special place in the universe for him. Funny...strangers can bring joy into our lives, if we let them. Try giving a stranger the time of day some time... might make you both smile.

1 comment:

I am NanaBanana said...

Here's a new blog entry heading you can use in the future...
HOMEWORK... the new definition.
My 13 yr old grandson Antonio TAUGHT ME
Prime Number Factoring this week!
How cool is that?
So OK, fine!
I admit to not remembering ever learning about this.
Never too late to learn. :o)