Sunday, June 16, 2013

K is for Kick the Habit

Ok, so I know its not as easy as that.  Its an effort every day, but everyday I can look at what I have now, where my life is going and how nothing is better than the future (alcohol free)
It's not always easy, there are big triggers like stress and emotions, as well as small ones like barbequing (always a beer in front of the grill)  but soda is a great replacement!
Yes sometimes its just habits, picnics, parties, all types of social events, but people for the most part dont pressure you to be "social" anymore.
In the old days when I didnt drink because I just didnt like it, I used to have water or soda with a lime in it... that made the big drinkers happy they were not drinking alone.
For me, drinking took up alot of my time, so looking for new "habits" is something I want to do, but its so funny.... now that I have a life, I have very little time for anything else but living it day to day!
I am glad I found myself in sobriety... I still once in a while would like a "taste" but it certainly isnt worth the problems it would create.  I love my life. I love where its going, I love who I am spending it with.  I am a true believer in everything happens for a reason, so I know that my drinking and sobriety was for a purpose....  I thank the Universe for what I have now... I am thankful it didnt take me as long as it takes others to get here, and I am thankful for all the people who helped me along the way... especially my soul mate Dave!

No comments: