Saturday, August 24, 2013

L is for Loving Life

Wow, what a difference sobriety makes!  There was a time when I thought, how can I ever be sober all the time.  Now I think how could I have been such a wreck all the time!  I love my life! I am experiencing things I never thought I would, and never could have in the state I was in!
Life, I can enjoy every aspect of it!  Sure there are times that I wish I could crawl into bed and hide under the covers, but I never want to drink those days away!  I have learned that drinking only makes those days (all following days/weeks) worse.... What I have learned is, to deal with my problems, look at my faults, and try to correct them, so I can be the best possible version of me.  I still have my battles, with myself, my mind, sometimes others, but I handle them better now.  OMG, did I tell you, I love my life?  I do!  I have a fabulous family and 3 (needy) dogs, I have all I need.  I have a home, a job, food.... and I have FUN!  Fun is more physical now... Horseback riding, zip lining, Motorcycle riding (got my permit, and getting my license!) I cant believe I am conquering fears like crazy (I am so scared of heights)
I think what I like right now, besides the adventures, is learning about myself.  I have so many chinks in my amour, but slowly I am looking at them and fixing what I can.  I have gone to a couple people and apologized for my behavior, and let them know I am working on it... I have also gone to a couple and said, I need help.  Life still has ups and downs, and can be difficult, but I know everyday it is getting better!  I even feel like some days I can even help someone else in need!  Now I could not have done that a year ago!  Slowly, I am making progress... and Loving Life!

No comments: